Do you know the steps of the forehand and backhand techniques? Which of them is easy and which is difficult? In this game, it is easy to learn backhand. That’s why golfers try to understand the backhand first and learn it quickly. Learning the forehand takes a lot of work and requires the best disc golf discs for the forehand to master the art. This also requires practising from different angles. It had to be done with all the separate calculations of wrist down and up.
More than any other shot in disc golf, the “flick” or forehand shot requires flair and determination. It is complex and requires a lot of patience. Being a good backhand player is fine, but if you want to be unbeatable at your game, you must master the forehand as much as possible – enough skill to make you a good golfer. And to make your dreams a reality you need the best disc golf discs for forehand. Don’t worry we have compiled a list of 5 that will help you choose conveniently. So, let’s dig in.
1. Discraft Crystal FLX Zone
Discraft Zone comes to the top of our list because of its many features. It is a flexible and stable putter designed for short-distance approach strokes. This forehand disc is attractive to golfers of all abilities due to its excellent and reliable flight. A rating of 3 to 4 at the end of the flight is recommended for a reliable and strong fade. It is considered best for close-range shots due to its stability and fade. In the craft zone, composite plastics with unique properties are used.
It offers increased flexibility and excellent traction while providing strength and hold. Discraft Crystal FLX Zone is found in different colour designs and weights. Typically, the rim is around 1.0 cm (0.39 inches) wide. There are several different weights of the Discraft Zone, ranging from 150 to 175 grams. Lighter discs weights can promote glide while heavier weights provide more stability and wind resistance. In other words, playing style will affect the weight.
- Its stability rating is usually in the range of 2.0 to 2.5, which means it resists turning in flight and has a reliable fade.
- It has a relatively low glide rating, usually between 2 and 3, so it maintains a steady and controlled flight path with minimal glide.
- On average, the Zone has a diameter of approximately 21.1 cm (8.3 inches) and a rim depth of about 1.4 cm (0.55 inches).
- The Discraft Zone is available in a wide range of weights, ranging from around 160 grams to 175 grams.
- The Discraft Zone has gained popularity for its reliable and consistent flight
- Its characteristics, making it a go-to choice for many disc golfers.
2. Dynamic Discs Truth
As a mid-range disc, the Truth offers a balance between stability and glide and is made to be thrown at modest distances. The Truth is renowned for its steady and adaptable flying. It flies in a straight line and ends with a subtle fade. Straight shots, controlled turns, and approach shots can all be made with it because of the speed, glide, and stability it delivers. All skill levels of gamers can enjoy The Truth.
Beginners will value its straight flight and controlled characteristics, and advanced players may take advantage of its adaptability for different shot shapes and angles. Disc golfers have given The Truth positive reviews. Players highly praise its precision, controllability, and consistency. Due to its adaptability and dependable performance, it is frequently considered a go-to mid-range disc in players’ bags. Dynamic Discs size is 173-176g. As with all disc golf discs, it is always advisable to try them on to find the discs that suit your throwing style and preferences.
- It has a straight flight path with a moderate fade at the end.
- It offers a combination of speed, glide, and stability that makes it suitable for various shot types,
- Some of the commonly available plastics for the Truth include Lucid (durable with excellent grip), Fuzion (combination of durability and hold), and BioFuzion (environmentally-friendly plastic).
- Dynamic Discs typically have a dimension of L×W×H(8.58×8.5×1.42 inches) centimetres (0.55 inches).
- The maximum weight for the Truth is 0.18 kilograms.
3. Innova Teebird Champion Golf Disc
The Innova Teebird forehand disc is a popular disc golf course, similar to traditional golf but played with unique discs placed in special baskets, known as a fairway driver. The versatility of the disc is reflected in its accuracy of speed and flight. Many types of plastic used in discs have different strengths and properties, increasing the disc’s durability.
Its stability can be affected by its weight. Throwing a lighter disc may be more suitable in the beginning. Light discs can be enjoyed by beginners but experienced people enjoy heavy discs and boost the speed and stability of their game with heavy discs. As well as being suitable for various throwing styles, the disc is used for both backhand and forehand. Players often use the Innova Teebird forehand disc for accurate fairways, controlled turnover, and reliable fade. Beginners love it for its easy delivery, and skilled players love it for its ability to pull off strokes with ease. Innova’s Teebird disc is well-liked in disc golf because of its dependability, accuracy, and adaptability. An excellent choice for people of all abilities and beginners because of its reliable flight and simplicity.
- The flight rating of the Teebird is typically around Speed 7, Glide 5, Turn 0, and Fade 2, although specific variations and plastic types may vary slightly.
- It is often described as a versatile fairway driver that offers a combination of speed, glide, and accuracy.
- Teebird includes Champion plastic (durable and long-lasting), Star plastic (grippy and provides good glide), and DX plastic (affordable and provides excellent grip but may wear out faster).
- The Innova Teebird is available in different weight options, typically around 160 to 175 grams.
- It is a popular choice among both recreational and professional disc golfers.
- It can be easily used for backhand and forehand throws by throwing in different ways.
4. Westside Discs Harp Putter Golf Disc
Being aware of the Westside Discs Harp is a minor deal as it is considered the most popular forehand disc due to its durability and strength. Due to continuous flight, it is designed in a putter and medium range. Primarily this disc is considered a putter but has some mid-range features. Its ratings show that it has a mild fade towards the conclusion of the flight, a steady flying with little propensity to spin, a relatively low speed, and little glide.
The stability of the harp and its reliable fade make it popular for approach shots and playing in high winds. Harp plastic is available in different compounds, and each compound has its distinct properties. Plastic provides excellent durability, slightly increased glide, good grip, and a smooth and shiny finish. It also offers a good balance between stability and grip.
Westside forehand disc has a good feel and is a reliable flight. It offers a comfortable grip in cold weather. There are several colour options for the harp. The Westside Discs Harp is becoming increasingly well-liked among golfers because of its steady flight, adaptability, and capacity to handle a putter or midrange disc. The Harp also provides a reliable alternative for approach shots and short drives.
- It has a flight rating of 4 for speed, 3 for glide, 0 for turn, and 3 for fade.
- The Harp’s stability and reliable fade make it popular for approach shots and driving in windy conditions.
- VIP (Very Durable, Increased Glide, and Grip): VIP plastic provides excellent durability, a slightly increased glide, and a good grip. It has a smooth and glossy finish.
- The Harp has a typical disc golf putter/midrange size with a diameter of 21.2 cm (8.34 inches) and a rim depth of 1.4 cm (0.55 inches).
- The Harp is available in various colours, including but not limited to white, blue, red, yellow, green, orange, and pink.
5. Discmania S-Line PD (Power Driver)
Among the high-quality discs on our list is a Zismmania disc called PowerDisc.The PD is designed as a fast forehand driver that offers a combination of speed, distance, and stability, making it ideal for intermediate to advanced players. Its stable flight means it flies relatively straight with a reliable fade at the end. It has a reasonably sharp turn, which provides a long, precise flight.PD is considered a moderate to more stable driver. Its high-quality plastic gives this disc strength and durability. The Discmania PD may be a versatile disc for many different kinds of shots. Long drives in open fields and forested courses, where precision and distance are essential, are frequently used.
Skilled players may use the PD for controlled flex strokes, hyzer shots, and forehand throws. Individual outcomes may differ depending on the player’s skill level, throwing technique, and ambient conditions, just like with every disc golf disc. Experiment with the finest discs and plastic varieties to fit your throwing style and preferences.
- The PD is designed as a high-speed driver that offers a combination of speed, distance, and stability
- has a moderate amount of high-speed turn, providing a long and accurate flight before finishing with a predictable fade.
- The flight rating for the PD is typically around 10, 4, 0, and 3 on Discmania’s flight rating system (speed, glide, turn, fade).
- The Discmania PD is a versatile disc that can be used for various shot types.
- The PD has a typical disc golf driver size, with a diameter of approximately 21.2 centimetres (8.3 inches) and a rim depth of around 1.2 centimetres (0.5 inches).
The forehand shot is undoubtedly an essential weapon in your toolbox, enabling you to drop some strokes and increase your score. If you throw a forehand, learning the basics will be beneficial. Now without wasting time pick any of the best disc golf discs for forehand and enjoy your journey where our experts were highly satisfied with Crystal Zone and Innova Teebird champion to help you play well but on budget.