As soon as we start playing disc golf, the first question that arises is which disc is best for us. Disc golf is a flying disc activity that allows regular golf in that participants throw specially-made discs at a target rather than using clubs and balls. In disc golf, the goal is to finish a course with the fewest amount of throws or shots. There are many professional tournaments and dedicated disc golf courses worldwide, indicating the sport’s recent surge in popularity.
In the beginning, this game created a lot of difficulty for us. Because we, like clumsy people, start from an advanced level. These things keep disc golfers from getting better at disc golf. It makes our game easier if we use the initial disc golf disc. Countless disc golf discs are being made in the market for beginners. Many companies were and are also trying to provide the best golf discs to beginners. There are four types of disc golf discs.
This article provides an overview of 5 disc golf discs. It will help you become a better disc golfer.
Innova Leopard3 (Champion) Fairway Driver Golf Disc
One of the fairway drivers is the Innova Leopard 3 Driver. Every beginner should have this disc. Innova Leopard3’s disc is high-speed and flatter, stays in control, and is firm in grip. This is a favorite disc for solid and fast throwers. The Innova Leopard 3 is a fantastic beginner driver for beginner disc golfers as it has 2.0 controllable spin and 5.0 good glide, which is fast enough for beginners.
When thrown hard at a speed of 7.0, it will go straight as an arrow. Its excellent features make it a natural boon for new golfers. You don’t have to go to great lengths to enjoy your flight because you are a beginner disc golfer. If you want to take it straight, you should throw it smooth, and if you’re going to take it with a curve, you should throw it hard. Many people try to throw it in different ways and at different angles. It provides a well-balanced mix of stability, glide, and speed. It is up to the disc golfer how they like to play.
- The Innova Leopard is primarily a fairway driver disc with a dependable fade at the end made for straight, accurate shots.
- On the Innova speed scale, the Leopard typically rates between 6 and 7 as a moderate speed.
- The turn and fade ratings fall between -2 and -1 and 1, respectively.
- The Leopard is a versatile and reliable fairway driver that offers excellent glide.
- The Innova Leopard is available in different plastic blends, each offering unique characteristics.
- The Leopard is typically available in weights ranging from 150 to 175 grams.
- It is also produced in various Innova disc lines, such as the regular Innova and Innova Pro lines.
- The Innova Leopard has a standard disc diameter of 21.2 centimeters (8.3 inches) and a rim width of 1.6 centimeters (0.63 inches).
Westside Discs Underworld
The Westside Discs Underworld is designed with a fairway driver. It has a high amount of turn, making it curve to both left and right-handed throws. It has a moderate amount of fade. Westside Discs are available in a variety of plastic blends. Each plastic type has particular qualities, such as durability, grip, and flexibility.
Due to its unstable flight characteristics, the Underworld is great for beginners who fly straight with minimal effort. It is also helpful for players with lower arm speeds or those who want to achieve significant distance shots, turnovers, and controlled shots. It has a diameter of 21.2 cm (8.34 in) and a rim depth of 1.2 cm (0.47 in). The weight of the disc is usually between 173-174 grams, Allowing players to choose the weight according to their throwing style and conditions.
Overall, the Westside Discs Underworld is a versatile and popular disc that offers a reliable, understandable flight path. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, the Underworld can be a valuable addition to your disc golf bag.
- One of the standout features of the Underworld is its exceptional glide. This makes it useful for both distance drives and controlled mid-range shots.
- The disc offers a good balance of control and distance. It is particularly effective for hyzer flips, turnovers, and roller shots.
- The Underworld is suitable for a wide range of player skill levels. Beginners will appreciate its forgiving flight characteristics and the ability to generate extra distance
- The most common plastic used for the Underworld is VIP (durable and long-lasting) and Tournament (more grip and slight extra glide).
- The Underworld typically has a speed rating of 7, requiring less arm speed to achieve optimal flight.
- The stability rating is around -3, indicating its understandable nature.
- The rim is moderately thick, providing a comfortable fit for players with different hand sizes.
Jokeri Ultrium Plastic Disc Golf
Jokeri is categorized as a putter with a straight and steady flight path. Prodiscus Jokeri is a disc golf putter made by the Finnish manufacturer Prodiscus. It is a well-liked option among disc golfers of all skill levels because its depProdiscus enables flight characteristics and adaptability.
y and ends its trip with a constant fading. The Jokeri can manage headwinds and tailwinds well because of its steadiness. High-quality plastic is used in these discs. The Jokeri lacks a bead, a tiny ridge or hump that often surrounds the rim.
The Prodiscus Jokeri has a wide range of applications and is quite adaptable. Due to its steadiness, it can be used for controlled drives and longer approaches. Players of all skill levels can play the Joker. More experienced players will find it a consistent and dependable disc for their short game, while beginners will love its straight-flight and forgiving character.
- Jokery’s flying characteristics include a relatively low speed of 2.0, an excellent glide of 4.0, a minimal turn of 0 degrees, and a predictable fade of 1 degree towards the end of the flight.
- Compared to the Original blend, this more expensive plastic blend has a better grip and outstanding durability.
- The Jokeri is renowned for its consistent fade and straight flight.
- It can withstand throws with strength and delicacy, making it a dependable disc for various players.
- The Jokeri has a cozy rim shape that permits a stable grip, encouraging reliable releases and precise throws.
Discmania Fairway Driver Golf Disc
The Discmania FD is a popular golf disc in the fairway driver category. Discmania is a well-known manufacturer of disc golf equipment, and the FD is one of their flagship models.
The Discmania FD is designed to offer a straight and controlled flight path with minimal fade at the end. Its flight ratings may vary slightly depending on the specific plastic blend and run. Dismania FD has a moderate speed, good glide, and a slight turn. Discmania produces various plastic combinations, each offering durability, grip, and flexibility, ideal for cold weather conditions.
The FD is generally considered a stable-to-under-stable fairway driver. It is an excellent choice for players of all skill levels, from beginners to professionals, due to its versatility and controllable flight. Its reliable flight path makes it suitable for both backhand and forehand throws.
The availability of specific Discmania FD runs, and plastic blends may vary over time as manufacturers produce different variations and limited editions.
- Discmania is a well-known manufacturer of disc golf equipment, and the FD is one of their flagship models.
- FD has a moderate speed, good glide, a slight turn to the right (for right-handed backhand throws), and a gentle fade at the end.
- It produces the FD in various plastic blends, each offering different characteristics.
- It is commonly used for various shots in disc golf, including straight fairway shots, controlled drives, turnovers, and hyzer flips.
- Its reliable flight path makes it suitable for both backhand and forehand throws.
Discraft Buzzz ESP Golf Disc
The Discraft Buzzz is a popular mid-range golf disc highly regarded by golfers of all skill levels from beginners to professionals. It has a moderate rim width, which allows for a comfortable grip and controlled release. It typically offers neutral stability and flies relatively straight with a minimal fade or turns. This makes it a reliable choice for both beginners and experienced players.
Its plastic has a tacky feel and provides reasonable control. It offers a unique look. Heavier discs generally provide more stability and resistance to wind, while lighter discs can offer increased power and distance for players with slower arm speeds.
The Discraft Buzzz has gained a reputation as a reliable and versatile disc that can be used for various shots, including straight drives, approach shots, and controlled mid-range shots. Its popularity stems from its consistent flight characteristics and ability to hold whatever line is thrown. Many players consider the Buzzz a must-have disc due to its dependability and performance.
- It has a classic mid-range disc design with a flat top and a slightly rounded rim.
- The Buzzz is known for its straight flight path and excellent glide.
- Some of the popular plastic options include: Elite Z ESP Titanium Pro-D
- Available in a wide range of weights, typically ranging from 160 grams to 180 grams
- Buzzz has a flight rating of approximately 5, 4, 0, 1. This indicates a straight flight with minimal turn (-1) and fade (1).
Choosing one among many disc golf discs is like climbing a mountain, but the choice is critical. Selecting the best option highlights and influences your performance, especially for a beginner. As you go through all the above details with care and beauty, we must tell you about the best. Dynamic discs are a fabulous choice if you are a beginner. Similarly, if you are a professional disc golfer, Nawaba is an excellent choice.